Icehouse Ventures Investment Manager
About Icehouse Ventures
We have collectively invested over $120m into 180 startups since 2001 as part of The Icehouse. Icehouse Ventures was established in 2019 with investment from Simplicity Kiwisaver, Jarden, Sir Stephen Tindall's K1W1, and The Icehouse.
About the Role
The purpose of the investment manager role is to originate new investment opportunities, lead the investment process and work with the companies post investment. The investment manager role will work across the Flux Accelerator, Eden Ventures and Tuhua Ventures.
- Actively sourcing new deal flow from within the early-stage investment ecosystem.
- Developing a personal investment thesis whilst synthesizing the collective views of the Icehouse Ventures team to see genuine opportunities for globally scalable companies.
- Developing relationships with founders and adding value.
- Negotiating deal structures with founders and leading the investment process.
- Meeting prospective investments and giving feedback to the company.
- Building trust with investors.
- Articulating the various funds and investment opportunities available within Icehouse Ventures.
- Raising capital for the Icehouse Ventures funds.
- Contribute to quarterly investor reporting for the companies you are the closest to.
- Actively seek to build new relationships with entrepreneurs and prospective mentors/advisors that could benefit our portfolio
- Build relationships with ecosystem stakeholders and upstream investors.
- Manage these relationships and activate them by connecting them to investee founders
- Assist in building templates and resources that entrepreneurs could benefit from.
Experiences and skills should include:
- Experience in working on a startup or investing in startups.
- Experience in raising capital from investors or managing investment products.
- An insatiable curiosity and desire to learn about new industries and technologies.
- An ability to build high-quality relationships with entrepreneurs and investors.
- A hard work ethic and desire to go above and beyond to help build iconic companies.
We’re looking for someone who is as passionate as us about building an iconic investment business. You must have a high ownership mentality and the ability to take responsibility for goals and outcomes.
To apply email - firstname.lastname@example.org